[Cubicweb] pip-install of cubicweb sources exits with ValueError

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Sep 13 09:36:24 CEST 2010

On 12 septembre 10:27, Dr.Leo wrote:
>  Hi,

> see log below. This might be a Python2.5/2.6 incompatibility... It
> should not occur anyway.
>
>   File "c:\python26\lib\distutils\util.py", line 202, in convert_path
>     raise ValueError, "path '%s' cannot end with '/'" % pathname
> ValueError: path 'doc/book/en/.static/' cannot end with '/'

Weird. This sounds more like a distutils/setuptools bug, since cubicweb's
packaging does not have any explicit reference to this directory. It doesn't
break the install though, right ?

Anyway this directory should probably not be there at all in the
distribution. As I will release a 3.9.6 version of cubicweb today, I'll
try to get things clear before uploading it to pypi, this will hopefuly
avoid this.