[Cubicweb] Fwd: Re: Compiling RQL on Windows

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Sun Sep 12 15:41:26 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:47:00AM +0200, Dr.Leo wrote:
> As I have no idea how to compile rql without gecode (using logilab
> constraing instead), I have decided to go with gecode.

Compiling rql with logilab-constraint is very difficult... there is
nothing to compile :)

If you install both rql and logilab-constraint, rql should work out of
the box without compiling anything. The link to the rql sources I sent
yesterday showed why. RQL tries to import gecode, but if it fails, it
tries to import logilab-constraint instead. And logilab-constraint is
pure python and does not need to be compiled.

> 1. a minor one: even on Windows, the setup script tries to invoke g++
> which naturally failes.

Thanks for the report:
http://www.logilab.org/ticket/38550
http://www.logilab.org/ticket/38551

> 2. Having compiled RQL, the setup script seems to require a package
> called yapps. There are now eggs for RQL-0.26.5 (186k) and yapps-2.1.1
> (32k) in my site-packages dir; however, there are no package dirs. I
> therefore do not understand the error in the last line of the log. Any
> ideas? Have I succeeded?

Try importing yapps in your python interpreter. If it works, the
install was a success and it is the dependencies in the __pkginfo__
that are wrong.

> Searching for yapps2>=2.1.1
> Best match: yapps2 2.1.1
> Downloading
> http://ftp.logilab.org/pub/yapps/yapps2-2.1.1.zip#egg=yapps2-2.1.1
> Processing yapps2-2.1.1.zip
> Running setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
> c:\dokume~1\stefan\lokale~1\temp\easy_i
> nstall-pdy4tt\egg-dist-tmp-frbnhk
> zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
> Adding yapps 2.1.1 to easy-install.pth file
>
> Installed c:\python26\lib\site-packages\yapps-2.1.1-py2.6.egg
> error: Could not find required distribution yapps2>=2.1.1

Maybe it should be 'yapps >= 2.1.1' in pkginfo instead of 'yapps2 >= 2.1.1'.