[Cubicweb] Compiling RQL on Windows

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Sat Sep 11 22:19:40 CEST 2010

On Saturday 11 September 2010 21:12:39 Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 07:09:54PM +0200, Dr.Leo wrote:
> > here is the newbie again, this time trying to compile RQL on Windows
> > as without it I cannot use cubicweb either...
>
> Ok, seems we need to fix the install of that package too. :/
>
> > Any ideas where to go from here?
>
> http://hg.logilab.org/rql/file/7a1df18b3a3e/analyze.py#l31 says that
> if gecode can not be imported, logilab-constraint will be used
> instead. It will be slower, but it will work. And logilab-constraint
> should be a no-brainer to install since it is a pure-python package.

Side note: http://ftp.logilab.org/pub/rql/ has windows installers for RQL
built with Gecode 3.3.1 (afair) and Python 2.5. Not sure which version
precisely is needed for the version of CW you are targetting, but we certainly
can add a more recent version if required.

If you have visual studio installed on your machine, compiling RQL from source
is a no brainer (using setup.py install should work out of the box with gecode
3.3.1).

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services