[Cubicweb] A newbie on Windows - installation pitfalls

Dr.Leo stefan.pankoke at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:55:29 CEST 2010

  hi,

seems like this is the right place for low-profile hackers like me...

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, the docs read much better now.
However, as a nitpicker I'd like to make some more comments.

1. "thusly", somewhere in 1.1.5.5: there is no such word in English.
Replace with "as follows".

2. 1.1.5: Windows installation: There is a tools section explaining how
to install mercurial. This is not good here as Mercurial makes perfect
sense on all OS's. So move it out of the Windows section. I would
suggest to regroup the whole thing a bit starting with a general section
on what you must have:
- dependencies including a database, maybe sqlite etc..,
- the sources (however you get them)

and the nice-to-have's:
- mercurial
- eclipse.

The windows section then comes down to a link collection to Windows
installers. Well, feel free to regard the above as bullshit, but it
makes sense to me right now.

3. On databases: the section on sqlite is not self-explanatory. Can I
suggest to add a general subsection on databases that explains when and
how to select the database?

4. Which dependencies? Under 1.1.3 the docs refer to some appendices
(mind the plural!). Well, I haven't seen them as it appears the
dependencies are well explained in the chapter. If there are really
appendices, a hyperlink would seem in order under 1.1.3.

But now I shut up to try and go through all these steps myself. It's
time to have CW up and running here...

thanks again,

Leo