[Cubicweb] Votes in Tickets / Forge

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Oct 11 09:07:54 CEST 2010

On 10 octobre 08:45, Carlos Balderas wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Carlos,

> I see forge users use vote_"loginuser" tag to give ticket's
> votes, I think It would be nice to have an entity called Vote with its
> proper relations and constraints to users and tickets to achieve this
> feature.
>
> For instance and just to be a little bit more clear on this,  we can have an
> ajax component just to click on an up arrow image to add a vote and down
> arrow image to subtract one.
>
> Would this be functional for you?

yes, we've several applications that would benefit from it.

> Would this feature be a general feature for forge cube or this should be
> done in a specialization of this cube?
> Was rating cube created for this topic?

yes. That should definitly be a separated cube that can be plugged easily
there and there.

We already have a prototype on the way, built using jquery.ui (don't remember
exactly which start system). But we've frozen devs since it requires jquery 1.4
and jquery.ui X.Y, hence cw 3.10 which isn't released yet (but should be soon).

As soon as cw 3.10 will be on the way, we'll make a rough implementation
available, so we can finish it collaborativly :)