[Cubicweb] experimenting with a DataFeed entity

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at logilab.fr
Wed Oct 13 16:44:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:44:17AM +0100, Florent Cayré wrote:
>    Hi Nicolas,

[snip]
>    As far as I understand, you are trying to address performance issues using
>    caching, also trying to keep data up-to-date through regular polling.
>    I would propose two other *complementary* approaches regarding data
>    freshness issue :
>
>    * web hooks ([1]http://www.webhooks.org/) : in the long term, we need a
>    way to be notified when the distant data changes ; the problem is we need
>    a standard to do so, thus it is probably not a short term solution,
>    although necessary to promote LinkedData usage I think ;

I came accross PubSubHubHub http://code.google.com/p/pubsubhubbub/ which seems
to address theses issues.

I haven't dug enough into the subjet to see how different webhooks is from
pubsubhubhub but it seems very much alive and used by a few plateforms.

Arthur

--
Arthur Lutz                              Logilab
Formations Python, Debian:               http://www.logilab.fr/formations