[Cubicweb] Apycot installation and configuration

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 07:40:37 CET 2010

Hello everyone.

I hope here is the right mailing list to ask questions about apycot project.

I am installing apycot, for now, I am making a little test for a cube,
before discovering more apycot features and I am having a little bit of
trouble to get going.

These are the report views I have in my instance:
=== Apycot executions ===
Apycot execution (1)    Project environment    Test configuration
checks    branch    start time    end time    archive
waiting execution            calendaf project env    calendarf test conf1
         default
=== Narval plans ===
Plan (1)    Recipe                          start time                  end
time
ready    apycot.recipe.quick    branch="default"
                                                        ; archive=False
=== Process manager status ===
Process manager status
Bot is up and available.
No running plan.
Pending plans (1)
Plans (1)                priority    options
scheduled
[waiting execution]    10         branch="default"                    ✗
                                           ; archive=False

I am a little stuck here.

* How do I complete the configuration to run the tests?
* How do I let apycot know what unittest files to run?.

I appreciate very much your help.

Here are the steps I followed to run apycot.
1. - Create apycot instance.
2.-  Create links to _apycotlib and _narvalbot where PYTHONPATH can see them
3. - Set pyro-server=yes in all-in-one.conf file
4.-  Run pyro-ns start command
5.-  Go to cubes/narval/bin/ and run python narval start
6.-  Run the apycot instance
7.-  Go to botstatus view and see the messages:
      Process manager status
      Bot is up and available.
      No running plan.
8.-  Create Project Environment and add the mercurial repository to be
tested.
       Configuration values are:
       * configuration    no value specified
       * environment variables    no value specified
       * vcs path    <not specified>
       * vcs repository
mercurial:/home/carlos/src/fcubicweb_310/cubes/calendarf
       * refinement of environment    <not specified>
9.-  Add a test configuration for the environment
      label  <not specified>
      start mode    manual
      start dependants environments' tests    no value specified
      configuration    no value specified
      environment variables    no value specified
      use recipe    apycot.recipe.quick
      refinement of configuration    <not specified>

      environment
      calendaf project env

I would like to make one comment in this step, start mode always display
"manual", does not matter the real start mode value chosen.
In my case I chose "hourly".

10.- Go to project environment and see the test configuration is related.
Then click on start test button and I got the messages:
plan(s) queued
AllStatus
Execution of calendaf project env/calendarf test conf1#default
    * environment setup
priority    MEDIUM
options    archive=False
arguments    Options({})
execution status    ready
apycot status    waiting execution
branch    default
for environment
calendaf project env
execution log
no log to display
log
no log to display

11.- Check the report views:
=== Apycot executions ===
Apycot execution (1)    Project environment    Test configuration
checks    branch    start time    end time    archive
waiting execution            calendaf project env    calendarf test conf1
         default
=== Narval plans ===
Plan (1)    Recipe                          start time                  end
time
ready    apycot.recipe.quick    branch="default"
                                                        ; archive=False
=== Process manager status ===
Process manager status
Bot is up and available.
No running plan.
Pending plans (1)
Plans (1)                priority    options
scheduled
[waiting execution]    10         branch="default"                    ✗
                                           ; archive=False

I hope this information is not confusing.

I am working with
cw 3.10.5
apycot 2.0.5
narval 3.0.3