[Cubicweb] FW: Loading cubicweb from Lucid distribution

aurélien campéas aurelien.campeas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 14:55:29 CET 2010

2010/11/27 Fletcher, John P <j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk>

> Aurelien
>
> Thank you very much.  I have managed to get unittest2 accepting the default
> path made it useable.  Apologies for the confusion over Lenny/Lucid.  I am
> using Lucid and the Lucid distribution.  I did not want to use anything from
> Debian as I do not know the distributions and so don't know which one to use
> to solve the dependencies.

No pb.

I would be happy to contribute from a "new user" point of view to the
> installation instructions.  The problem is that the Ubuntu distribution does
> a lot of the database installation steps which are therefore not needed.

hmm, like postgresql being already installed ?

> I still need to sort out the database user position as when I run the
> tutorial it crashes out with a fatal error on Ident authentication.

Note that most of
http://docs.cubicweb.org/admin/setup.html#postgresql-configuration looks
accurate to me, even if ubuntu already pre-installed a lot of things.

>From this, the following steps are relevant in your case (guessing a bit
...):

su
su postgres
createuser -s -P username

note that under ubuntu you might need to do:

sudo su

in the first step

> There is not a step by step introduction from the distribution to the
> launch point and more recent distributions e.g. Lucid are not mentioned.

We'll happily accept any enhancement to the doc wrt ubuntu setup. (any
patch, actually)

Imo the generic instructions are "sufficient" course but they maybe are a
bit too dry and too generic (you have to understand your own situation quite
a bit, system-wise, to make sense of it).