[Cubicweb] FW: Loading cubicweb from Lucid distribution

aurélien campéas aurelien.campeas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 02:21:03 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/11/26 Fletcher, John P <j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk>

> I am new to cubic web and very interested to explore its capability.

Welcome on board then :)

> I am attempting to install it onto a computer running Ubuntu Linux 10.4 (64
> bit) so I have installed from the Lucid distribution at
> http://ftp.logilab.org/dists/
>
> This went well and it has clearly also installed and set up the database
> component, so that I can get sensible output from running
>
> cubicweb-ctl list
>
> I have added some more components from the same source e.g. card, comment,
> keyword, preview, tag, testcard, tracker.
>
> book will not load as it says it needs person and addressbook which are not
> available from that source.

While we try to provide packages as much as possible for ubuntu, some
components are actually used (in production) from debian packages. It may be
that the ubuntu packages have been neglected.

I will look at this monday.

> What is not at all clear to me is how to progress beyond there.  It is not
> clear how to set up for work as a user as compared to work as sudo (I have
> admin rights).
>
> I tried running this:
>
> sudo cubicweb-ctl create -c all-in-one card myinstance
>
> This failed as it could not find a module called unittest2

I believe unittest2 is a very recent dependency and this may also be a
packaging oversight.
Thanks for reporting.

In the mean time you may want to try: this
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unittest2/0.5.1-1 or this:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2

> cubicweb-ctl now reports a broken instance called myinstance which I cannot
> delete as it does not have a configuration.

You should probably delete it manually, and then recreate it with the
missing dependencies in place.

Hope this helps a bit.