[Cubicweb] CWEP-0001 - login and account creation process - ui requirements

Julien Jehannet julien.jehannet at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 30 14:27:38 CET 2010

> * Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr> [29-nov.-2010 22:40]:
> Hi List,
>
> CWEP-0001 - login and account creation process
>
> Proposal
> --------
>
> The goal would be to have a single item in the top-right corner
> related to authentication information.

> Implementation
> --------------
>
> As you guessed, a first implementation is available from the
> cubicweb-conference cube.
> http://hg.logilab.org/cubes/conference/file/f41c7b623dc4/views/startup.py#l47

Could the ui requirements (in terms of CSS rules) be part of the CWEP
recommandation ? It's a good occasion to enforce design coherency in
CubicWeb (even if this documentation reside in the code at the end).
And think to integrate "our" accessibility team as well :-)

Not directly related to this CWEP but can we think about some best
practices in naming cw widget/resources ?

Example:
	http://jqueryui.com/docs/Theming/CustomThemes
	transposing '.ui-' component namespace to '.cw-' or keeping the
	same API as jQuery UI?

Maybe this CWEP could have an existence outside of the cw framework but
in an independant stdlib cube? It's surely more adequate to be able to
upgrade without waiting for next framework version.
--
Julien JEHANNET                                          LOGILAB, Paris (France)
http://www.cubicweb.org                 CubicWeb, le cadriciel du web sémantique