[Cubicweb] CWEP-0001 - login and account creation process

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 30 09:44:05 CET 2010

On 29 novembre 22:40, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> Hi List,

Hi,

> I suggest we refactor the login process in cubicweb.

you're more talking about the login ui, right?

> CWEP-0001 - login and account creation process
>
> Proposal
> --------
>
> The goal would be to have a single item in the top-right corner
> related to authentication information.
>
> When not logged-in, it would read "sign in" in english or "connexion" in french.
>
> When logged-in, it would display your username, as is currently done.
>
> Clicking on the "sign in" link would get you to a page where you could
> log in or create an account. That page would display as many different
> authentication mechanism as known by the app (looking these up in the
> registry).

that's fine with me, though I feel like we should keep the distinction between
sign-in and registration. I'm not sure about that, since when one as an openid account
but never signed into the site, his account will be created the first time he sign-in.
I'm simply afraid that people won't think clicking on the sign-in link will allow them
to create an account.

> PS: Did you notice this is a CubicWeb Evolution Proposal (CWEP,
> pronounced sweep, since the goal is to tidy things up :) ?
>
> PPS: Please do not make up your own CWEP numbers when posting to this
> list and first ask on this list for the blessing of the core
> developers.

Cool, now we've to make CWEP visible on cubicweb.org, and define a workflow for them.