[Cubicweb] Simple forms unit-testing

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Nov 29 13:00:46 CET 2010

On 26 novembre 09:35, Adrien Di Mascio wrote:
> Hi,

Hey,

> In one of my projects, I've implemented a somewhat simple API to
> test the form rendering and submission. Let me tell immediately that
> this is **pure python / off-browser** testing and therefore means
> that this won't test any javascript / css / user interaction.
>
> Using a lot of of forms in my application, my goal here was to be
> able to test automatically :
>
> - visible fields (i.e. 'hidden', 'visible' fields in uicfg)
> - fields order
> - redirect urls after form submission

[snip]

> As usual, any thoughts on that ? Any interest outside my project ?
> If so, is the API clear enough ? Should it be integrated in CubicWeb
> ?

Anything helping in hot-spot such as form testing is definitly welcome
in CubicWebTC. The API looks fine to me, at least that's a good start,
and we may make it evolves later. Testing api are easier to make evolve since
you're almost sure to see if an evolution break a test (then fix it), and they
don't break the application from a user point of view. And no I don't tell
we shouldn't care about it, simply that if it already fits a need decently,
we should integrate it and move on.