[Cubicweb] FW: Loading cubicweb from Lucid distribution

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Sat Nov 27 14:30:19 CET 2010

Aurelien

Thank you very much.  I have managed to get unittest2 accepting the default path made it useable.  Apologies for the confusion over Lenny/Lucid.  I am using Lucid and the Lucid distribution.  I did not want to use anything from Debian as I do not know the distributions and so don't know which one to use to solve the dependencies.

I would be happy to contribute from a "new user" point of view to the installation instructions.  The problem is that the Ubuntu distribution does a lot of the database installation steps which are therefore not needed.

I still need to sort out the database user position as when I run the tutorial it crashes out with a fatal error on Ident authentication.

There is not a step by step introduction from the distribution to the launch point and more recent distributions e.g. Lucid are not mentioned.

Thanks again

John