[Cubicweb] FW: Loading cubicweb from Lucid distribution

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 23:38:34 CET 2010

I am new to cubic web and very interested to explore its capability.

I am attempting to install it onto a computer running Ubuntu Linux 10.4 (64 bit) so I have installed from the Lucid distribution at http://ftp.logilab.org/dists/

This went well and it has clearly also installed and set up the database component, so that I can get sensible output from running

cubicweb-ctl list

I have added some more components from the same source e.g. card, comment, keyword, preview, tag, testcard, tracker.

book will not load as it says it needs person and addressbook which are not available from that source.

What is not at all clear to me is how to progress beyond there.  It is not clear how to set up for work as a user as compared to work as sudo (I have admin rights).

I tried running this:

sudo cubicweb-ctl create -c all-in-one card myinstance

This failed as it could not find a module called unittest2

cubicweb-ctl now reports a broken instance called myinstance which I cannot delete as it does not have a configuration.

Please help me to get setup so that I can work as a user.

John