[Cubicweb] Forge/Tracker some doubts about validations

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 2 11:25:47 CET 2010

On 01 novembre 12:13, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 03:01:19PM -0500, Carlos Balderas wrote:
> > * load_left attribute can be greater than load attribute in *ticket* entity.
>
> The reasonning is that "load" is the load planned before starting the
> work. Load_left is the estimated load left last time the ticket was
> updated.
>
> You can start something saying "it will take me 3 days", then work one
> day and realize you were wrong and will need another 4 days.
>
> The question is being asked so often, though, that I am wondering
> whether we should keep that feature for own private trackers or not.

We should probably think about that when designing a better system that
keep tracks of evaluation changes during time.

> > * starting_date attribute can be greater than prevision_date attribute in *
> > version* entity.
>
> You can plan to deliver on october 1st and actually start late... even
> after the date you had planned to deliver on.
>
>     starting_date   = Date(description=_('estimated starting date'))
>     prevision_date   = Date(description=_('estimated publication
>     date'))
>     publication_date = Date(description=_('actual publication date'))

I still don't grasp why we have those 3-values... Do we actually do something
about it? Can't we simplify things here, at least in the forge cube?

> > Is this allowed intentionally for some reason?
>
> The way many issue trackers handle this is that each time you change
> the value of an attribute, a comment is added. The list of all the
> comments attached to a ticket then serves has an audit trail.
>
> Do we have many people that think we should do it the way other
> trackers do it ?

Anyway we should provide an easily pluggable 'history' feature. And as
I see it, it should be more likely TrInfo based (eg same thing as for
workflow transition)..