[Cubicweb] Re: branch switch

Julien Jehannet julien.jehannet at logilab.fr
Mon Mar 22 09:29:29 CET 2010

> * Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr> [22-mar-2010 09:01]:
> Hi there,
>
> a quick email to tell that since 3.7.1 has been released last friday,
> I intend to switch branches in the mercurial repository so:
>
> * oldstable becomes 3.6
> * stable becomes 3.7
> * default becomes future 3.8

Why not to use directly version names like '3.7' for branches ?

I see no major advantages to have symbolic names in our repo.
It's a pain in major update [1] and 'oldstable' seems to be the signal
that the current naming becomes inadequate.

[1] Have the cubes been all merged in time ? Have you really update
*all* your forest recently ? ...
--
Julien JEHANNET                                          LOGILAB, Paris (France)
http://www.cubicweb.org                 CubicWeb, le cadriciel du web sémantique