[Cubicweb] cubicweb and the well-known calendar sharing use-case

Olivier CAYROL (LOGILAB) olivier.cayrol at logilab.fr
Mon Jan 25 16:18:04 CET 2010

After verifying my assumptions, it happens that I were wrong in my
explanations.

Olivier CAYROL (LOGILAB) a écrit :

> URL means Uniform Resource Locator and is thus a complete address

This is correct.

> URI means Uniform Resource Identifier and is only a name that will be
> turned into an URL thanks to a catalog.

In fact, this is an URN Uniform Resource Name. Mostly, they look like
"urn://organisation/whatever/1.0/".

An URI, Uniform Resource Identifier can be either an URL or an URN.

> It seems to me that the URI and URL used in CW are, in fact, all URLs.
> Maybe we could change their names to be consistent with the standard
> vocabulary.

Well, in CW, we can keep the names URI but we should add a search in the
standard catalog if the URI is an URN (starts with "urn:").

See: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt for details.

   O. CAYROL.