[Cubicweb] cubicweb and the well-known calendar sharing use-case

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Jan 25 13:04:30 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:13:12PM +0100, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> Would a solution like the following suits your needs:
>
> * use a kindof link entities describing a rdf file to use as a source of
>   event (not a source as a repository source)

You mean something like:

class RdfFile(EntityType):
    url = String()
    source_of = SubjectRelation('CWType')

?

> * an import script will periodically search for those entities, maintaining
>   on attribute telling the cache life time (set according to HTTP caching
>   header got while fetching the url), another the last fetch time
> * when importing a file, create Event entities with a cwuri set to the
>   event's url (uid), if it doesn't exist yet. We could also used ExternalUri
>   entities here.

The difference between CWUri and ExternalUri is not clear yet. In CW
there is an internal unique identifier for everything. In the Linked
Data world there is a unique url for everything. We need a clear
mapping between the two.

An object that belongs to a cubicweb instance is identifiable by
http://server.name/appname/eid

But an object imported from the file at url_of_rdf_file and identified
by its url url_of_object will exist in CW at the url_of_object_in_cw