[Cubicweb] cubicweb and the well-known calendar sharing use-case

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Jan 25 12:13:12 CET 2010

On 25 janvier 11:25, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:37:31AM +0100, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > So let's start with that particular calendar event integration: we should
> > first answer some basic questions:
> > * how do we get events?
>
> >From a RDF file using the vocabulary http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfcal/
>
> > * is an event modifiable once published?
>
> No.
>
> > * does it have immutable attributes?
>
> The event is read-only.
>
> > * how to we refer to a single event?
>
> I do not understand the question. Let me try to answer "by its url".

sounds like a good answer. But I thought that one url == one rdf file
== multiple events. Is that right ?

> > * how do we get updates on this event?
>
> Reload the RDF file and see if event identified by the same url has
> changed.

you've just told it wasn't modifiable.

> > * what level of caching can we accept (in time)?
>
> When we load the RDF file, the HTTP server sends caching information
> in the headers.

so it's a requirement to consider this?

Would a solution like the following suits your needs:

* use a kindof link entities describing a rdf file to use as a source of
  event (not a source as a repository source)
* an import script will periodically search for those entities, maintaining
  on attribute telling the cache life time (set according to HTTP caching
  header got while fetching the url), another the last fetch time
* when importing a file, create Event entities with a cwuri set to the
  event's url (uid), if it doesn't exist yet. We could also used ExternalUri
  entities here.

Eg, no needs for a repository source...