[Cubicweb] cubicweb and the well-known calendar sharing use-case

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Sun Jan 24 19:32:59 CET 2010

Let's try to bring this list alive !

Here is a common use case I would like to solve: integrating external
calendar data into a cubicweb application.

I scrap a web page to produce calendar data that I output as RDF XML
using the RDF Calendar data model[1]. I could very well output
iCalendar[2] instead, but I am trying to get everything into RDF.

1: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfcal/
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar

I have a cubicweb application built with the cubicweb-event cube. I
would like to make every vevent described in the RDF file to appear as
an Event in my app. Then I would be able to tag the events or add
comments and display only the events I chose with the standard
calendar views of cubicweb.

An example query would be:

    Any E WHERE E is Event, T tags E, T name "interesting"

I am searching in this direction
http://www.cubicweb.org/doc/en/admin/multisources.html

Please share your ideas about the best way to get this done with CW.