[Cubicweb] installing cubicweb from pypi

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Feb 24 22:17:06 CET 2010

On 24 février 21:53, Michael Connors wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi Michael,

> I am new to cubic web. I was wondering if using setuptools to install
> cubicweb is not supported. I attempted to install the framework via
> easy_install under Ubuntu and I discovered that dependencies such as yams
> and logilab.common are not specified in the setup.py files. When I consulted
> the documentation I found nothing about easy_install. I think I have
> everything now except cubicweb-dev which I did not manage to find in pypi
> yet.

supporting easy_install is planned but not yet done unfortunatly. The currently
supported installation method are via debian/ubuntu packages or using the mercurial
forests.

> Also discovered this small bug which I think may have been triggered because
> I tried to create a cube (cubicweb-ctl newcube test) without cubicweb-dev
> installed.
> Line 331 in cwconfig.py should be:
>
> cls.error('unexistant directory in cubes search path: %s'

yup, it have been already fixed in the mercurial repository, and will be fixed
in the 3.6.1 version that should be released tomorrow.

> Sorry if the mailing list is the wrong place for this, I cannot (or cannot
> see how to) create a ticket in Cubicweb's Forge.

this mailing list is a right place. If you are registered to the cubicweb.org
web site, you'll be able to add ticket soon (currently, we're granting permissions
to add tickets to user who ask for it, but this will change in a near future so
that every registered user can add tickets).

Regards,