[Cubicweb] Troubles with cubicweb-ctl

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Feb 17 11:16:52 CET 2010

On 16 février 19:36, Hubert Bielenia wrote:
> Hey

hi,

> I attempted to set up CubicWeb, abiding by the tutorial guidelines.
> While I'm almost sure there are some mistakes on my part,
> cubicweb-ctl certainly should not just exit by itself. I feel
> completely unable to trace the cause.
>
> Here's the error:
>
> (cubicweb)hb at workstation:~$ cubicweb-ctl
> /home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb/utils.py:16:
[snip]
> line 331, in available_cubes
>     self.error('unexistant directory in cubes search path: %s'
> NameError: global name 'self' is not defined

this is a bug in cw (now fixed). It occurs when it tries to tell you
that some directory in your cubes search path doesn't exist.

If you want a quick fix for the bug, just replace 'self' by 'cls' on
line 331 of /home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb/cwconfig.py

You should not see this error on a proper environment. I suspect the
usage of local installation being responsible, unless you've defined
a custom CW_CUBES_PATH which contains an unexistant directory. To fix
this:

* export CW_MODE=user
* mkdir /home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubes
* touch /home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubes/__init__.py
* eventually, export CW_CUBES_PATH=an_existant_directory_with_your_own_cubes