[Cubicweb] AutoCompletion

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Feb 17 08:25:30 CET 2010

On 16 février 16:52, Sandrine Ribeau wrote:
> Hi,

Hi sand,

> I can see that there is a widget to enable auto completion using
> web.widgets.RestrictedAutoCompletionWidget or

web.widgets is dead.

> web.formwidgets.RestrictedAutoCompletionWidget. But I do not know where to
> start to use that widget in a search field (text search).
>
> What I am looking for is a way to have auto completion while searching in my
> application.

huum, I'm afraid that simple widget won't do the job, and I'm not sure
you'll find anything that'll that much help you yet. The two majors
problems I see :

* you need something that will return every indexed *word*, unless I misunderstood
  what you're trying to acheive

* the provided completion widget currently works  by fetching a list
  of *all* possible values. That doesn't seem usable in such case.
  Katia and 2web are working on similar issue for customer projects,
  so they probably can help with that one.