[Cubicweb] How to set things up to use Pyro

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 15 15:27:17 CET 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 14:11:04 Julien Jehannet wrote:
> Not sure my comments will help you but I post them for the record.
>
> > * Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr> [15-fév-2010 12:35]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to access a CW server through HTTP (that's easy) and through Pyro
> > from a restricted number of hosts. On the CW server computer I've
> > configured all-in- one.conf with
> >
> > * pyro-server=yes
> > * pyro-ns-host=$hostname:6969
> >
> > (with $hostname the fqdn for my host. Pyro-ns is lauched on that computer
> > with -x -p 6969).
> >
> > Is this correct so far?
>
> It seems ok. However, note that you can put the pyro server config in the
> /etc/default/pyro-nsd file.

Yes, I'll be using something similar (but on Windows).

> Not certain but you can perhaps get rid of the pyro server if you already
> know the object URIs:
> http://pyro.sourceforge.net/manual/5-nameserver.html#pyroname)

CW registers the relevant objects in the NS, and as the client code will be
running on a remote machine, using the NS is really the easiest way of knowing
these names.

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services