[Cubicweb] Re: How to set things up to use Pyro

Julien Jehannet julien.jehannet at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 15 14:11:04 CET 2010

Not sure my comments will help you but I post them for the record.

> * Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr> [15-fév-2010 12:35]:
> Hello,
>
> I need to access a CW server through HTTP (that's easy) and through Pyro from
> a restricted number of hosts. On the CW server computer I've configured all-in-
> one.conf with
>
> * pyro-server=yes
> * pyro-ns-host=$hostname:6969
>
> (with $hostname the fqdn for my host. Pyro-ns is lauched on that computer with
> -x -p 6969).
>
> Is this correct so far?

It seems ok. However, note that you can put the pyro server config in the
/etc/default/pyro-nsd file.

Not certain but you can perhaps get rid of the pyro server if you already
know the object URIs:
http://pyro.sourceforge.net/manual/5-nameserver.html#pyroname)

> The Cubicweb documentation is not clear about configuring the client computers.
> I've deployed cubicweb and the cubes sources, but I don't know what needs to
> be done to :
>
> * configure an local instance which will access the CW server via Pyro. I would
> have expected cubicweb-ctl create -c pyro-client or something similar but
> cwctl list gives no configuration which matches my need

Check if the command "pyro-nsc listall" is capable of giving a valid instances list.
If not, it's surely a name server problem.

Try http://pyro.sourceforge.net/manual/3-install.html for useful
environment variables to debug that more easily.

> * in my client code, connect to the server

I don't know what's kind of client code you want, but there exists
something very handy for remote execution:
Write a migration script, put your logic inside and run it by
cubicweb-ctl shell <migration script> All the necessary stuff for
the remote connection will be done for you.

--
Julien JEHANNET                                          LOGILAB, Paris (France)
http://www.cubicweb.org                 CubicWeb, le cadriciel du web sémantique