[Cubicweb] How to set things up to use Pyro

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 15 12:43:38 CET 2010

On 15 février 12:34, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I need to access a CW server through HTTP (that's easy) and through Pyro from
> a restricted number of hosts. On the CW server computer I've configured all-in-
> one.conf with
>
> * pyro-server=yes
> * pyro-ns-host=$hostname:6969
>
> (with $hostname the fqdn for my host. Pyro-ns is lauched on that computer with
> -x -p 6969).
>
> Is this correct so far?

yup

> The Cubicweb documentation is not clear about configuring the client computers.
> I've deployed cubicweb and the cubes sources, but I don't know what needs to
> be done to :
>
> * configure an local instance which will access the CW server via Pyro. I would
> have expected cubicweb-ctl create -c pyro-client or something similar but
> cwctl list gives no configuration which matches my need
>
> * in my client code, connect to the server

that depends what to you want to do with your client. For simple db-api like
access, you don't have to do anything, except installing cubicweb-common
and may be code of your cubes if you want to use logic contained in custom
entity classes. If you want to run a web server separated from the repository,
you should use the 'repository' config for the repository and the 'twisted' config
for the web server. Does that help ?