[Cubicweb] LDAP schema expected by Cubicweb

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 8 19:10:33 CET 2010

On 08 février 18:56, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> When using an LDAP source for authentication, what is the expected underlying
> LDAP schema ?
>
> Is it inetOrgPerson [1], RFC 2256 [2] or something else?
>
> [1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2798.html
> [2] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2256.html

default configuration should be updated, since it's currently based on our
(somewhat fishy configuration). From the config found in source:

user-base-dn: 'ou=People,dc=logilab,dc=fr',
user-classes: ('top', 'posixAccount')
user-login-attr: 'uid'
user-attrs-map: {'uid': 'login', 'gecos': 'email'}

So:
* user should have the top and posixAccount schemas
* user login is the 'uid' ldap attributes, and its email the gecos attribute (!).

Please, propose an altenative default configu :)