[Cubicweb] Troubles with cubicweb-ctl

Hubert Bielenia hubert.bielenia at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 02:21:43 CET 2010

> You should not see this error on a proper environment. I suspect the
> usage of local installation being responsible, unless you've defined
> a custom CW_CUBES_PATH which contains an unexistant directory. To fix
> this:
>
> * export CW_MODE=user
> * mkdir /home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubes
> * touch /home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubes/__init__.py
> * eventually, export CW_CUBES_PATH=an_existant_directory_with_your_own_cubes

Thanks for your help. On the other hand: though my python skills are
rather limited, I think I could produce a script that would streamline
and simplify environment setup, much like the one used by Pylons folks
(another python web framework I recently played with). The catch is,
it relies on standard egg-based module install system, which would
require fixing cw's dependencies. Would you accept patches, or you'd
rather not rely on distutils more than now?