[Cubicweb] Troubles with cubicweb-ctl

Hubert Bielenia hubert.bielenia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:36:32 CET 2010

Hey

I attempted to set up CubicWeb, abiding by the tutorial guidelines. While
I'm almost sure there are some mistakes on my part, cubicweb-ctl certainly
should not just exit by itself. I feel completely unable to trace the
cause.

Here's the error:

(cubicweb)hb at workstation:~$ cubicweb-ctl
/home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb/utils.py:16:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
   from md5 import md5
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/hb/cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl", line 4, in <module>
     run(sys.argv[1:])
   File "/home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb/cwctl.py",
line 885, in run
     cwcfg.load_cwctl_plugins()
   File
"/home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb/cwconfig.py", line
486, in load_cwctl_plugins
     for cube in cls.available_cubes():
   File
"/home/hb/cubicweb/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb/cwconfig.py", line
331, in available_cubes
     self.error('unexistant directory in cubes search path: %s'
NameError: global name 'self' is not defined