[Cubicweb] How to set things up to use Pyro

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 15 12:34:19 CET 2010

Hello,

I need to access a CW server through HTTP (that's easy) and through Pyro from
a restricted number of hosts. On the CW server computer I've configured all-in-
one.conf with

* pyro-server=yes
* pyro-ns-host=$hostname:6969

(with $hostname the fqdn for my host. Pyro-ns is lauched on that computer with
-x -p 6969).

Is this correct so far?

The Cubicweb documentation is not clear about configuring the client computers.
I've deployed cubicweb and the cubes sources, but I don't know what needs to
be done to :

* configure an local instance which will access the CW server via Pyro. I would
have expected cubicweb-ctl create -c pyro-client or something similar but
cwctl list gives no configuration which matches my need

* in my client code, connect to the server

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services