[Cubicweb] Installation issue: dependence problem involving python-rql

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Dec 27 23:26:22 CET 2010

Marko,

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:58:44PM +0100, Marko Loparic wrote:
> After installing cubicweb, I tried the tutorial
>
> http://docs.cubicweb.org/tutorials/base/index#tutorial
>
> [...]
> 	Is the server running locally and accepting
> 	connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I know you are eager to try your ideas with cubicweb, but it can not
run before it is installed. :p

Before trying the tutorial, please read the fine installation manual
at http://docs.cubicweb.org/admin/setup.html

There is a section dedicated to configuring postgresql
http://docs.cubicweb.org/admin/setup.html#postgresql-configuration

The short answer is: once the database is available on your system,
your have to configure the access rights to make sure a given user can
access it and pass that user to cubicweb when creating a new instance.