[Cubicweb] Cubic Web Supported Formats

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 17:48:55 CET 2010

Nicolas

I am interested in modeling some engineering problems in an intelligent way.
I have previously looked in a general way at how an ontology can be developed
to describe problems in a consistent way and have found out that this is difficult.

My idea is to be able to use cubicweb to work with an (as yet not defined) ontology.
Your examples show this to be possible, so that is helpful.

I am aware that RDF is something which can be represented in different ways.
It forms a part of what is known as the "Semantic Web Layer Cake"
(see for example http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SemanticWebLayerCake )

The comment I quoted from your web site implied that there were some aspects of RDF
which you did not see as important to support, and I wanted to find out why.

I am very interested in data exchange as I have lots of interesting data trapped
in tools which don't do export other than presentational i.e. I lose the value in
my structure, which is one of the reasons for being interested in cubicweb.

Thank you

John

Dr John P. Fletcher Tel: (44) 121 204 3389 (direct line), FAX: (44) 121 204 3678
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
Associate Dean - External Relations,
School of Engineering and Applied Science (EAS),
Aston University, Aston Triangle, BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.