[Cubicweb] CubicWeb as a reflection tool

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Fri Dec 17 17:45:55 CET 2010

Le 17/12/2010 17:39, Fletcher, John P a écrit :
>> Make sure you extend existing cubes as much as possible, instead of
>> copying then modifying them. That will make your maintenance easier
>> later on, for you won't have to merge in the improvements of the
>> original cubes.
>
> I think I have been mistaken here, because I have used folder by adding the storage types
> I want inside it.  Should I instead have defined them in the cube using the folder?
> If so I need to find out how to do that.

The documentation lacks examples but an interesting starting point could
be the cubes tracker/forge. Forge builds on tracker. You will find there
lots of typical idioms on how this can be achieved.

You can also replace whatever parts if needed.

see http://docs.cubicweb.org/devrepo/vreg.html again for essential APIS
to handle that (for application objects, i.e: orm entities, views, etc.)