[Cubicweb] Link or merge two instances?

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Tue Dec 14 10:20:48 CET 2010

Le 14/12/2010 10:03, Fletcher, John P a écrit :
> Aurelien
>
> Thank you, that was the missing ingredient.  Now I am up and running.
>
> It has dawned on me (I cannot see it documented) that cubicweb-ctl shell gives a python shell.

A small familiarity with Python makes this immediately obvious, but we
could say it, for sure.

> Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with python.  I use C++ and Fortran mostly.

Then you will find Python a breeze. I somewhat wish I'd have to
"discover" Python again ;)

> Is it possible to store scripts such as the download/upload as files and run them, to save the fiddly typing?

Yes.

> If so, where should they be stored?

One common place is the /migration folder. I have used a /scripts folder
in the past. Whetever fits you.

Once you have it written, just do e.g.::

  # cubicweb-ctl shell myinstance scripts/myscript.py

> I cannot find any manual for cubicweb-ctl shell operations.

cubicweb-ctl

still is the best help ...

To get help on a specific command (e.g. status):

cubicweb-ctl upgrade --help

We had a section on the doc in the past for this topic but it was always
incomplete or out-of-touch. Maybe this is not strongly enough advertised
indeed.