[Cubicweb] Link or merge two instances?

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Dec 6 16:08:31 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 02:38:32PM +0000, Fletcher, John P wrote:
> 3.       Merge them so that the 20 cards are in the intranet.
>
> I favour (3) but lack information how to do it.  This would enable me to enrich it (with tags etc).

This is called multi-source (option A) or datafeed (option B).

Option A
--------

The cubicweb server can handle more than one source of data. You can
for example configure it to transparently get data made available by
other cubicweb servers.

You need to add a source section to your etc/cubicweb.d/sources
config, for example:

  [otherdb]
  adapter=pyrorql
  pyro-ns-group=cubicweb
  pyro-ns-id=otherdb
  pyro-ns-host=some.host.net
  mapping-file=mapping_here_other.py
  cubicweb-user=admin
  cubicweb-password=apassword
  base-url=http://myotherapp.com/

with etc/cubicweb.d/mapping_here_other.py:

  support_entities = {'Card': True, }
  support_relations = {}
  dont_cross_relations = set()

Do not forget to turn on pyro on both instances.

Option B
--------

Is in development and does not really work for cards at the moment,
but you can have a look at the blog cube for an example.

http://hg.logilab.org/cubes/blog/file/503cdf0700a4/sobjects.py

The idea is that you register parsers for different file formats and
datafeed will use these parsers to import data into your instance.

Conclusion

I am probably being a bit too terse for you to get this to work. What
is your next question ? :)