[Cubicweb] Adding new cubes to the distribution

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Dec 6 11:56:46 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 10:17:04AM +0000, Fletcher, John P wrote:

> It is all part of the learning curve, where I am working towards
> being able to create my own cubes, but I want to do that in user mode,
> not editing in /etc/share/cubicweb/cubes.

Then 'sudo cubicweb-ctl create intranet myintranet' is not what you
are looking for, since it means executing cubicweb-ctl in system mode
(aka as root) and using the cubes from /usr/share/ and putting config
files in /etc/cubicweb.d/.

For development, you want to use CW_MODE=user as detailed by
http://docs.cubicweb.org/admin/setup.html#cubicweb-resources-configuration

BTW, the default is all-in-one, so you may want not to lose time
typing it when creating a new instance.

Please keep asking questions, we are always happy to help out new
users.