[Cubicweb] Adding new cubes to the distribution

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 00:24:58 CET 2010

I am afraid I am getting stuck on this.  Up until now I have used only cubes which have been downloaded from the ubuntu Lucid distribution using apt-get which installs them in /usr/share/cubicweb/cubes.  These I can create instances and run.

I want to use some cubes such as intranet which are available and I have downloaded them as cubicweb-<name>-<version>.tar.gz which I have expanded.  I have installed these in ~/CubicWeb/cubes in folders of the same name as the cube.  I have set CW_CUBES_PATH and the new cubes show up on the list when I do

cubicweb-ctl list

When I attempt to run this command

sudo cubicweb-ctl create -c all-in-one intranet myintranet

I get this error message:

ERROR:  unable to find packaging information for cube intranet (ImportError: No module named intranet.__pkginfo__)
I cannot find any installation instructions either in the cube itself or in the web site documentation.

Do I need to do something to activate the new cubes?

Thanks

John