[Cubicweb] cubicweb / jquery / wdcalendar / fullcalendar

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Aug 9 16:33:57 CEST 2010

Carlos,

> > If anyone has started to work on this, I will be very happy to
> > participate if possible =).

Adding fullcalendar to CubicWeb would be a very nice contribution
indeed.

I would go for fullcalendar instead of wdcalendar because the former
seems more open (developed on github) when the latter seems to only
provide access to zip archive and serve to advertise services from
web-delecious.com.

> I think that one of the first thing to be done is to change the way our
> calendar view behave : we are currently generating html views but we
> should expose the data itself, i.e. events (ICalendarable objects)
> published in json, xml or ical format. Urls like rql=YOUR QUERY?vid=json
> or ?vid=_your_format_goes_here might be enough, i don't know.

For fullcalendar, you can have a look at
http://arshaw.com/js/fullcalendar/examples/json-events.php and
implement a view that outputs that kind of javascript for entities
adaptable to the ICalendarable interface.