[Cubicweb] cubes relationship: what does "recommends" mean ?

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Tue Aug 10 20:07:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

I tried to create a blog instance tonight and there seem to be some strange
stuff occuring with dependencies.

The blog cube recommends tag and comment.

If I create an instance using

cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog

tag and comment are not in the instance schema.

If I use

cubicweb-ctl create blog,tag,comment myblog

the Tag and Comment entities are in the schema but not linked to BlogEntries.

So my question boils down to "what does __recommends__ mean in
__pkginfo__.py?" Who uses this information, and what can I do in a given cube
which recommends another one ?

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services