[Cubicweb] cubicweb / jquery / wdcalendar / fullcalendar

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 22:17:12 CEST 2010

Hello!

Does anyone has used these jquery plugins in cubicweb?:

* wdCalendar (
http://www.web-delicious.com/jquery-plugins-demo/wdCalendar/sample.php)
* fullcalendar (http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/)

they seem to be great plugins.

I was trying to use it in a cubicweb view but I keep getting this jquery
error:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003
(NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMNSHTMLElement.innerHTML]"  nsresult:
"0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)"  location: "JS frame ::
http://debian:8080/data/jquery.js :: anonymous :: line 12"  data: no]
http://debian:8080/data/jquery.js
Line 12

I am working with:

jquery version: 1.3.2 (the one that comes with cw 3.9)
cw changeset: 6065
fullcalendar version:1.4.7
wdCalendar version:1.4

I have been reading about this error and I found some articles related to
this error and they talk about the problems can be:

* Using DOCTYPE strict, due breaking rules like using   instance this
&#160 in js code;
* Using content-type=application/xhtml+xml makes problems with some
javacript code due some use document.write method

I tested the plug in out of the cubicweb html frame (for instance in a view
with templatable = False) and works fine, trouble comes when put in an
normal cubicweb view inside cubicweb main template, I haven't found which
part makes the conflict yet.

I have modified cw DOCTYPE and content-type to see if this is really the
problem, but obviously I have not done it well because I still get the same
error. =(

If anyone has gotten this trouble in cubicweb, (maybe with another
javascript library) any tip or advise will be very appreciated.

Searching in cubicweb.org tickets a found this one which talks about using
these plugins.
https://www.logilab.net/cwo/ticket/615712

If anyone has started to work on this, I will be very happy to participate
if possible =).

Thank you very much and have a good weekend.

Carlos Balderas