[Cubicweb] some cubicweb goals for 2010

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 28 15:52:45 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 14:47:07 Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 02:07:33PM +0200, Aurélien Campeas wrote:
> > > The entities denomination seems a bit fuzzy to me. 'model' might be a
> > > better name than 'schema'.
> >
> > This is the one that chiffone me the most.
> > Model sounds vague and hand-wavy. It looks more overloaded than schema.
> > (same remark applies to "logic" btw)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_model
>
> As you can see, a schema is a graphical representation of a data
> model. What we currently have in schema.py is not graphical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_schema speaks of describing the
structure of a DB using "a formal language supported by the DBMS". Nothing
graphical in there. The illustraction is "a depiction" [i.e. a graphical
representation] of a database schema.

I suggest not renaming schema.py to anything else before CW 4.