[Cubicweb] CW app distribution with a not brand new cw version

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 21 12:20:52 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:33:56AM +0200, Florent Cayré wrote:
> My main problem here is to identify the versions of the components to
> be included in my envs, not to switch between these, where virtualenv
> could be useful.

At this point, we do not have a better solution to offer than to
enforce the version numbering policy Sylvain described in his
document, but other ideas are of course welcome.

As explained in this document, if the public APIs of a project
MyProject are tied to the major version number, the components using
these APIs can safely depend on that on conflict with the rest.

In short: MyCube x.y.z depends-on CubicWeb (>= a.b.c and < a+1)

Writing a tool on top of apt (using python-apt) to generate a valid
configuration for a given version of a cube will not be very
difficult.