[Cubicweb] CW app distribution with a not brand new cw version

Florent Cayré florent at secondweb.fr
Wed Apr 21 11:33:56 CEST 2010

2010/4/21 Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> The dependency checking functionnality is now part of
> cubicweb-ctl. Just run `cubicweb-ctl list` and you will get a warning if
> the dependencies stated in the cubes are not fulfilled.
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 09:50:20AM +0200, Florent Cayré wrote:
>> Will this tool include logilab.common, yams, rql, indexer, and so on ?
>> I was rather thinking of forest snapshots or so ; I currently use my
>> own (too) simple bash scripts to achieve this, and it is really a pain
>> to maintain for a non cw developper, forest snapshots would be nicer
>> if they still exist.
>
> Did you try virtualenv ?

I haven't yet, but read about it on logilab's blog ;-)

> It looks like you are describing the "developer wants to test in
> different environments/setups without reinstalling a full system"
> use-case, which virtualenv was built for.

My main problem here is to identify the versions of the components to
be included in my envs, not to switch between these, where virtualenv
could be useful.

--
Ce message est la propriété de SecondWeb et peut contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire

This message is the property of SecondWeb and may contain confidential
information. If you are not the designated recipient, please notify us
immediately and return the message to us or destroy it, without making
any use whatsoever of the contents thereof. Furthermore you should not
forward or copy the message by electronic or other means.