[Cubicweb] CW app distribution with a not brand new cw version

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 21 11:23:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

The dependency checking functionnality is now part of
cubicweb-ctl. Just run `cubicweb-ctl list` and you will get a warning if
the dependencies stated in the cubes are not fulfilled.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 09:50:20AM +0200, Florent Cayré wrote:
> Will this tool include logilab.common, yams, rql, indexer, and so on ?
> I was rather thinking of forest snapshots or so ; I currently use my
> own (too) simple bash scripts to achieve this, and it is really a pain
> to maintain for a non cw developper, forest snapshots would be nicer
> if they still exist.

Did you try virtualenv ?

It looks like you are describing the "developer wants to test in
different environments/setups without reinstalling a full system"
use-case, which virtualenv was built for.

Read http://www.logilab.org/blogentry/22498 and be happy since the
latest version of CubicWeb should be pip-installable.

I do not recommend to use this for production, though, since Debian is
a more solid configuration-management system.