[Cubicweb] CW app distribution with a not brand new cw version

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue Apr 20 17:54:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 05:19:26PM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> Configuration management with the debian packaging system

I second that.

> Logilab:
>
> * will maintain two public debian repositories: logilab-public and
>   logilab-public-stable. The first one being kindof staging place for test of
>   packages before they are allowed to move on the stable one.
>
> * may decide everytime (once a year) to kill the bw compat code and procuce
>   a X+1 release

Let us replace 'Logilab:' with 'The team maintaining CubicWeb:' to
include our fellow cubistas from SecondWeb, CreaLibre, etc.

We do not want to break everything (even once a year) without
discussing it on this list first.

But again, the above scheme looks good because it makes it clear what
are the public APIs and up to when backward compatibility is guaranteed.