[Cubicweb] accessing the full text index

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue Apr 27 12:45:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

Continuing with my new habit of discussing things on the list rather
than calling Sylvain or Adrien on the phone, in order for everyone on
the list to be able to join the discussion, here is an question of
mine.

I have an app that needs to compare entities based on different
criteria including their description. I happen to have re-coded an
information retrieval procedure by eliminating stop words, computing
word frequency then relevance, etc... before I realized that tsearch
was probably doing this better and faster.

I know about the "has_text" RQL relation. Is there any easy way for me
to access directly the tsearch index ?

I had a look at server/sources/rql2sql.py and the fti_table/has_text
methods, but that's not really simple (yet). I am not even sure
bypassing RQL with _cw.sql() and accessing directly the fti table
would be the best option.

Comments ?