[Cubicweb] some cubicweb goals for 2010

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 21 18:38:57 CEST 2010

Hi there,

so that we can discuss about it, or you can tell me if you see
stuff missing that's important in your opinion, here is a list
of things we would like to acheive before the end of the year
in the cubicweb framework...

* refactorings, api cleanups (by order of priority):
  - adapters instead of interfaces implemented on entities (probably
    not using ZCA though, likely vreg based)
  - proper cube layout (rename schema into model, move postcreate file, etc)
  - hooks and entities api cleanup
  - view/component/actions unification
  - new input/output url system

I've detailed in a previous mail most of the refactoring above.

* enhancements (by order of priority)
  - ease customization of the display (implies css/js handling refactoring and more)
  - base for collaborative edition (being at least warned when 2 people edit the same entity)
  - authentication, sso (using one of kerberos / foaf+ssl / openid)
  - define a standard library
  - ease integration of external data (see nico's datafeed cube)
  - simple versioning: being able to put the content of an arbitrary entity under version control
    (using an attribute storage?)
  - versioning simple : pouvoir mettre le contenu d'une entité sous controle de version
  - content negociation for semantic web
  - enhanced text search (relevance sorting, nicer display of large results)

Tell me what you think about that, missing point, bad priority, whatever...
Of course this is not an exhaustive list and that doesn't mean we won't do
anything else that's not listed here :)