[Cubicweb] some cubicweb goals for 2010

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 28 17:59:25 CEST 2010

On 28 avril 17:13, Florent Cayré wrote:
> agreed with Alexandre, it is costly to :
>
> * follow CW changes (which I agree is also a good point), so if they are not
> necessary for CW future (which is difficult to mesure...) perhaps we should
> avoid it (like schema => model IMHO)
> * migrate existing applications

I agree api changes are painful to framework users. And one thing that
has made CubicWeb what is today is that we didn't fear to change things.
Of course that was much easier when it was an internal products (though
not always even in that days ;). Now we have to be more careful.

My idea is to do the refactoring targeting misdesigned parts of cubicweb
in say the six following months, and then api should stabilize themself.
So you can hope to be less insulted by warnings in a short period of time.

Now regarding that particular change, it's imo worth it (with bw compat
of course, which is btw a nice way to follow change even if you don't look
at mercurial changesets or release content), but I won't fight for it
if there is a consensus here that things should be kept as today.