[Cubicweb] CW app distribution with a not brand new cw version

Aurélien Campeas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Fri Apr 23 18:20:44 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 21 avril 2010 à 09:50 +0200, Florent Cayré a écrit :
> 2010/4/21 Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr>:
> > On 20 avril 23:10, Florent Cayré wrote:
> >> Well, that said, I am not sure it is a good idea to write a helper
> >> script that would compute the real dependencies and force apt-get
> >> using its output versions as you suggest. I would rather prefer
> >> distributing all needed packages in a customer dedicated repo (as you
> >> do yourself I believe), as I already do anyway (but without any cw
> >> package for the moment).
> >
> > That's what we're trying to avoid with this proposal. What problem
> > do you see with such script? Isn't it what you were expecting apt
> > to acheive at a first glance?
> >

> This is exactly the problem : it should be apt-get's job ; not more than that.

But what about non-debian distributions ? We have to ship for windows
these days, and I wouldn't be suprised if some rpm based system were to
pop its head soon.

Having a tool that
* walks the forest and ups a cube to a specific version (we could start
from the well defined lgp tags) and using version information ups
everything else to the right changeset
* builds proper packages for some target system/distribution, for all
its in-forest dependencies
* is written so as to allow easy customisation of course
(additions/tweaks to existing distribution methods)

would be quite nice.