[Cubicweb] Cubicweb Installation feed back

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 22:20:16 CEST 2009

Hello everyone!,

Here is a little feedback of the cubicweb framework's installation process
(working from source).

The installation guide is very well done, but would be nice if you could add
these modules dependencies at the appendix document.

Just need to add this text :

* dateutil - http://labix.org/python-dateutil -
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-dateutil/

* vobject - http://vobject.skyhouseconsulting.com/ -
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/vobject

* psycopg2 - http://initd.org/projects/psycopg2 -
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/psycopg2

* docsutils - http://docutils.sourceforge.net/ -
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/docutils

* twisted-web2 - http://packages.debian.org/lenny/python-twisted-web2 -
depends of the distribution of the os

to this file: cubicweb/doc/book/annexes/depends.rst

After installing cubicweb dependencies and download the forest of cubicweb,
the file __init__.py needs to be added to the folder of cubes, I guess it
could be part of the forest too, if you consider it proper.

Last thing I got a little bit of trouble was to enable cubicweb-ctl command,
since setting PYTHONPATH variable to the forest does not make it available
at the command line, maybe this process of 'how to' could be also in the
installatin guide of CW.

Thank you very much!
Best Regards
Carlos Balderas